Wednesday 10 December 2008

Changeling


I finally saw the famous scene that everyone talks about ( The triple repetition of "I want my son back") Brilliant! Initially I expected less from the film, such as totally hysterical Angelina! But she did great and I can not deny her performance. As a whole, the film had some sort of optimistic tone, which was reinforced by the original Clint Eastwood soundtrack. If I have to define the theme, probably I would suggest justice above all, or as a sub theme- hope keeps you alive. I'll go a bit out the main topic and mention some details other viewers have commented on in front of me. For example, they found it annoying that some characters were using accents from the 20's and others did not. Angelina was with her normal accent, one of the cops was trying to do some sort of Irish one, regarding the rest... only John Malcovich had an authentic accent. Excluding this, everything seemed to fit perfectly well in the film. Even the fact that Angelina was wearing the same coat throughout the movie made it more and more plausible, closer to a "true story". Probably she will be nominated for an Oscar.

No comments: