Thursday 21 May 2009

Week starting from 11th of May

On Monday we had individual tutorials with Richard. I had some new premises, but the rather complicated plots didn't seem to give any space for character development. I wish I had more time to work that out, so for next tutorial, I'll try to be more prepared. Generally Richard likes a few of my premises and wants me to continue working on them, but sometimes the idea stops at some point and is quite hard to continue building the story arch.

In the afternoon class, Kim came was presented with our Coronation Street pitches. My group was working on a storyline around Dev which is actually quite entertaining. The next task was to write 15 episodes with beats, according to what type of story it is (A,B,C). In order to do that, the three groups from the class put their 15 tags on the wall and we all decided which was going to be the main story and the smaller ones.

Tuesday was a short class with Ray. He was hoping to discuss the scrips, but at that point we were still not informed which one is chosen.
Wednesday was a screening with Bonnie and Clyde. I imagined the story in a completely different way, influenced by Jay Z's and Beyonce's video ~:)
Thursday was a mobile media class with Adam. He was talking to us in groups to find out the development of our webisodes. Me and Charlotte pitched a new idea which he likes. The only thing that bothers me is we don't have much time to work on them, because of various other projects. The webisodes are quite important and hopefully we'll fit into the time limit.
On Friday the producer John York came to talk to the class about script writing, story arch, character development and so on.

No comments: