Saturday 17 January 2009

The Reader


To begin with, I had no clue what the film was about. Probably I thought it was more of a love story than anything else, and when I heard that Kate Winslet got a golden globe for a best supporting role (which is a leading role in her case!), I made up my mind to go and see it. In terms of the story, it's quite good and original. Also a brilliant performance by Kate, I hope she is as good as this in Revolutionary Road. I can't wait to see her reunited on set with Leonardo! Usually I don't enjoy 2nd world war themes because there have been sooooooo many films made about that and it's a bit hard to be original. On top of my head I just remembered the Italian "Life is Beautiful", which explores the spirit of an always cheerful guy and his family in a Nazi Camp. I think it is my favourite one, in terms of World War 2.
Anyways, go and see The Rader! I can't believe how good Kate looks like now. I haven't seen anything with her for a very long time, but she is getting really good in her acting.

No comments: